This information is frequently requested by clients contracting services with Direct Telecom and wish to know what the procedures are to cancel their services with their previous provider. This information was valid at 19/10/23 and may have changed since.
To cancel services with Vodafone in Spain, you can follow these steps:
– **Call Vodafone customer service**: Dial 123 from your Vodafone mobile or 607 123 000 from any other phone. Customer service is available Monday to Friday from 8 am to 9 pm, Saturday from 8 am to 9 pm, and Sunday from 9 am to 9 pm.
– **Request cancellation**: During the call, inform the customer service representative that you want to cancel your Vodafone services. They may ask for your account details and the reason for cancellation.
– **Provide necessary information**: Vodafone may require you to provide a copy of your NIE or passport (both sides) for identification purposes. They may also ask for your name, number, the date you want the service to end, and a contact number or email.
– **Return any equipment**: If you have any Vodafone equipment, such as a router or set-top box, they may ask you to return it. Follow their instructions for returning the equipment to avoid additional charges.
– **Confirm the cancellation**: After the call, you should receive a confirmation of the cancellation request. Keep this confirmation for your records.
– **Check your final bill**: Vodafone may charge you for any outstanding balances or early termination fees. Make sure to check your final bill and contact Vodafone if you have any questions or discrepancies.
If you prefer not to call, you can also request to cancel your Vodafone services through their website or by sending a letter. However, calling is often the most efficient way to cancel your services and resolve any issues quickly.